Barren County High School and Metcalfe County High School cheer teams will advance to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association’s Competitive Cheer State Championship at Western Kentucky University’s E.A. Diddle Arena Saturday.
Barren County High School placed first in the Coed 2A division at the regional competition on Jan. 12 at Bowling Green High School.
Teresa Bewley, BCHS head cheer coach, said their team of 28, 22 girls and six boys, worked “extremely hard” and really kicked their routine up a notch this year. She said they added more tumbling and coed partner moves.
“The judges were very complimentary,” Bewley said. “We received high marks on our level of difficulty and execution.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Friday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- It’s all the things you carry with you
- Kinslow learned medicine quickly in World War II
- Lost & Found:
- Mother dog makes ‘incredible journey’ for puppies
- GFD honors retirees
- T-ville will upgrade gas lines
- Paul plans re-election bid
- 10:50 MORNING UPDATE: Man arrested for allegedly making meth
- Thanks, EMS!
- Motion filed to acquit Eaton
- More Local News Headlines