In addition to quite a few smaller projects, the Glasgow Water Company has three major projects in the works for this year that are expected to total several million dollars in cost.
Wastewater treatment plant upgrades
More than a half dozen separate component projects are part of an overall upgrade to the wastewater treatment plant that will allow the company to better store and treat extraneous storm water that gets into the system.
“We are not officially expanding the treatment capacity of the plant; it’s rated for 4 million gallons a day,” Scott Young, GWC manager said. “However, we are improving the hydraulic capacity to make it more efficient.”
This modernization and improved efficiency should, in turn, lower operating costs.
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Friday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- Thanks, EMS!
- Motion filed to acquit Eaton
- Brauns embrace love of buffalo herding
- Memorial Day service planned Monday
- PC man accepts revised plea deal
- Ranger: Leave fawns alone
- 1:59 AFTERNOON UPDATE: Motion filed to acquit sheriff
- They've Got Talent
- Eastern Livestock executives sentenced to federal prison
- Judge denies shock probation for teen
- More Local News Headlines