By GINA KINSLOW
Glasgow Daily Times
The cause of death for a Cave City woman who died Tuesday at her home was carbon monoxide poisoning, according to officials.
Tim Gibson, deputy Barren County corner, said Friday that preliminary autopsy results show that Shao Chen, 44, died from acute carbon monoxide poisoning.
Cave City police and firefighters, along with the Barren-Metcalfe Emergency Medical Service, were called to the Chen home on South Dixie Highway around 8:15 a.m. to a report of an unresponsive female.
“A contractor working for them had come to the apartment yesterday morning to finish up the work he had done the day before. He knocked on the door and couldn’t get anyone to answer him,” said Cave City Police Chief Jeff Wright in an earlier Glasgow Daily Times’ article.
For the full story, read the Nov. 17 print or e-Edition of the Glasgow Daily Times.