Greg Martin will host the “Lowdown Blues Night” on Tuesday with special guest Jimmy Hall at the Plaza Theatre as part of the theaters’ Here and Now Live Series.
“I’m looking forward to having Jimmy Hall back up on Jan. 29. Some magical musical moments happened last time and we’re hoping for some of that same magic to manifest itself next Tuesday night,” Martin said.
Martin is best known for playing lead guitar for The Kentucky HeadHunters. He also performs with local rock/blues band Rufus Huff.
Hall was vocalist, as well as harmonica and saxophone player for Wet Willie, which is known for its hit single, “Keep On Smilin’.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Thursday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- 12:43 AFTERNOON UPDATE: Man injured in Roseville Road wreck
- 8:53 MORNING UPDATE: Volunteer firefighters respond to house, field fires
Concert on the square
John Scalise plays the saxophone during the annual Concert on the Square featuring the Glasgow Community Band. In the background are Tommie Birge and Cheryl Ambach.
- Barren County Fiscal Court will pursue attorney general opinion for pavilion
- Eaton files response in battle for judgment
- Caverna Elementary students learn about water movement
- Barton’s lawyer files amended complaint
- Locals offer assistance in OK
- Glasgow opens up third bid for band tower
- Fireworks, symphony get donations from G-BC Tourist & Convention Commission
- More Local News Headlines