It was an unpleasantly busy day for the Barren County school district Tuesday, as a bomb threat at the middle school was followed almost immediately by a bomb threat at the high school.
The first bomb threat was found about 11:15 a.m. on a stall door inside a girls’ restroom on the first floor of Barren County Middle School. The message, which included a crude drawing of a bomb, BCMS, a time and the explanatory words “bomb threat,” was found by a student and reported to school principal Lori Downs.
Downs immediately notified the district’s central office and local law enforcement, and students were evacuated to Barren County High School and Trojan Academy, Superintendent Bo Matthews said.
“It was within minutes that the word came to the district from Principal Lori Downs,” Matthews said.
The Glasgow Police Department, Barren County Sheriff’s Office, emergency management officials and school district officials responded to the scene and began a search of the building.
For the whole story see Wednesday's print and e-editions.
- Local News
- Tree fall during storm causes outages
- Court talks about giving county employees raises
- Police sergeant placed on leave
- Hostetler arraigned, his bond amended
- Officially Open
- DTF adds two new partners
- 12:45 AFTERNOON UPDATE: GPD Sgt. Barton placed on leave
- GHS water damage
- Jailer files complaint against PI
- CCCC sets new budget
- More Local News Headlines