Glasgow Scottie Band at state
The Glasgow Scottie Band competed in both semi-state and state band finals Saturday in Bowling Green.
- Slide Shows
- Glasgow -Allen County 15th District Championship Baseball Featured is a slide show by photographer Jeff Brown from the Glasgow-Allen County 15th District Championship baseball game played Thursday night in Tompkinsville.
- 15th District Softball and Baseball Tournaments
- "Motor Into Cave City" Car Show A selection of a few photos from the "Motor Into Cave City" Car Show on Saturday. The show featured around 30 cars from old to contemporary times.
- Monroe County slips by Glasgow, 3-1 The Monroe County Falcons held off the Glasgow Scotties to pick up a 3-1 baseball victory Monday afternoon.
- 2013 Relay for Life Here are photos from the annual Glasgow-Barren County Relay for Life event.
- Glasgow Scotties in All "A" state tournament
- Bolton's burn Glasgow Fire Department hosted a relatively rare training opportunity for area firefighters Saturday at the building that had housed Bolton's Landing and other restaurants. Cave City, East Barren, Park City, East Allen and Alvaton volunteer departments also each had at least one participant, and several personnel from State Fire Rescue Training were involved. A few smaller fires were set for the fire personnel to knock out first; then the flames were allowed to totally engulf the building, and groups practiced using larger hoses. The new owners of the property, Bill and Janie Logsdon, plan to build a new location for Barren Outdoors on the site and were going to demolish the structure anyway, so Bill Logsdon suggested using it for fire demonstration purposes. --Melinda J. Overstreet
- Third annual Morgan at Cave City Civil War re-enactors practiced shooting their firearms Saturday, despite the rain. The third annual Morgan at Cave City was scheduled to take place on Saturday, but was canceled due to the rain. It is possible the event will take place on Sunday, weather permitting.
- National Day of Prayer The local observance of the National Day of Prayer, organized by members of the Glasgow Area Ministerial Association, was outside the Barren County Courthouse in Glasgow on Thursday. It included prayers for several focus areas: families, military, teenagers, government and emergency personnel, and schools.
- All A State Softball Championship The Glasgow High School Lady Scotties reached the Elite 8 this past weekend at the All A State Softball Championship in Owensboro.