SLIDE SHOW: Global Fest scenes
The annual Global Fest in downtown Glasgow was Saturday.
- Slide Shows
- Hidden River Cave Adventures On Saturday, Hidden River Cave allowed guests to try out their new zipline and rappelling adventures. Guests also had the opportunity to listen to live music from Nightfall and Otis.
- Scenes from the Metcalfe County Fair
- Scenes from Blueberry Festival in Edmonton The annual Blueberry Festival began Friday in downtown Edmonton and will continue on Saturday. For more more information about the festival, visit the Kentucky Blueberry Growers Association's website at www.blueberrygrowers.com.
- Cruise In Car Show The Cruise In Car Show in downtown Glasgow on Saturday featured nearly 200 late-model and contemporary vehicles during the course of the day's events.
- Community enjoys annual Lucas Tractor Gathering For nine years, Stanley R. Jewell has been hosting the annual Lucas Tractor Gathering at his farm. More than 100 community members from Lucas and surrounding areas turned out for the event, some bringing their own tractors and trucks to show off, and all enjoyed food, friends and a hayride. Photos by Amanda Loviza Vickery / Glasgow Daily Times
- Scenes from the Park City Community Festival and Antique Tractor and Machinery Show The Park City Community Festival and Antique Tractor and Machinery Show took place Friday and Saturday in Park City. Here are some scenes from the festival.
- Scenes from the 400-Mile Yard Sale The 400-Mile Yard Sale, which takes place each year the first full weekend in June, follows the path U.S. 68/Ky. 80 takes across the state. Locally, the highway passes through Glasgow and Edmonton. Here are some scenes from the event in Glasgow.
- Images of Stoney Creek Farm Bill and Linda Lewis raise cattle, pigs, chickens, horses, turkeys and crops on 175 acres at Stoney Creek Farm. They sell their meat, eggs and herd shares for raw milk at the Bounty of the Barrens farmers market in Glasgow. Photos by Amanda Loviza Vickery / Glasgow Daily Times
- More scenes from the 2013 Glasgow Highland Games More scenes from the June 1-2 activities of the Glasgow Highland Games at Barren River Lake State Resort Park.
- Life of a working dog Cat, a 6-year-old Border Collie, shows off her sheep herding skills at the Glasgow Highland Games on Saturday. Owner Jesse Crandell has a great deal of experience training the Scotland native breed.