- State News
- KSP trooper resigns after his DUI arrest
- House Democrats reveal redrawn plan
- Hemp clears one hurdle, but more to come
- Kentucky, Glasgow recognized for industry expansion
- Beshear talks pension funding, conversation with Judd
Beshear will call special session if pension issue unresolved
Gov. Steve Beshear held out hope Tuesday that lawmakers can still find a compromise solution to the state’s badly underfunded employee pension funds in the waning days of the 30-day General Assembly.
He all but said he’s prepared to call a special session later this year if no solution is reached in this session.
- Hemp bill on table again; redistricting in ‘final phase’
- RONNIE ELLIS: House considers ways to pay pension costs
Right to work, prevailing wage debate for nought
It was perhaps a perfect illustration of the 2013 General Assembly deliberations so far.
Redistricting, pension fix remain hot topics
Tuesday was the final day to file bills in the state House but that doesn’t mean the possibility of a House redistricting plan or using instant racing revenues to fund a pension system fix are dead.
- More State News Headlines